The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) was formally established on 18 April 1964 with the passage of the Air Force Act 1964 by the Nigerian Parliament. The Act summarised the objectives of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) as follows:
The Nigerian Air Force shall be charged with the defence of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by air, and to give effect thereto, the personnel shall be trained in such duties as (this content was copied from: http://nigeriaonlinejobs.com) in the air as well as on the ground.
This goal provided by the platform as well as the focus for the evolution and initial development of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), fondly referred to as ‘the pride of the nation.
Consequently, Nigerian Air Force (NAF) commence recruitment for 2013 Airmen/Airwomen. The recruitment process and application is still on going as the time of this publication on our website.
Below are the positions available and instructions on how to commence your application.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NIGERIA AIR FORCE APPLICANTS:
It is important you read the application guidelines and instructions carefully before you apply. For help or Application assistance, you can find the force helplines below, just immediately after this publication.
Also kindly use the share buttons below the post to share this information.
Online Registration starts on the 21st of January 2013 and closes on the 18th of March 2013.
The Zonal Recruitment Exercise for eligible applicants will hold from 08th April 2013 to 15thApril 2013
NAF GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Nationality: Applicant must be of Nigerian origin.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women by 31st December 2013.
Those who will be older than 22 and 24 years for non-tradesmen and tradesmen respectively by 31st December 2013 need not apply.
- Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
- Height: Minimum height is 1.68 meters or 5.5ft for males and 1.65m or 5.4ft for females.
- Medical Fitness: All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force. (this content was copied from: http://nigeriaonlinejobs.com)
- Applicant’s attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. In addition, applicants are to bring with them a letter of attestation of good character from any of the officers above to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
- Educational Qualification.
NAF Non-Trade Positions
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than 2 sittings obtained not later than 4 years to this exercise. In addition, all applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
NAF Tradesmen/women Positions
- Applicants must satisfy the requirements stated for Non-Trade above. In addition, applicants applying as tradesmen/tradeswomen must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit) or other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions. Applicant with University Diploma need not apply.Applicants are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the form:
- Medical Records: ND in Medical Records.
- Nursing: RN-RM.
- Lab Technician: ND in Lab Tech/Medical Lab tech.
- X-Ray Technicians: ND/Certificate in X-ray Technology.
- Dental Technician: ND in Dental Technology/Dental Therapy.
- Pharmacy Technician: ND Pharmacy Technology.
- Environmental Technician: ND Environmental Technology.
- Biomed Technician: ND Biomed Technology.
- Optometry Technician: ND Optometry Technology.
- Statistics: ND Maths/Stats.
- Assistant Chaplain: ND in Christian Religious Study.
- Assistant Imam: ND in Arabic/Islamic Studies.
- Engineering Technicians: ND in Mechanical Engr./Electrical Electronics Engr./Air Engineering Technology.
- Meteorologist: ND in Meteorology.
- Electrical Technicians: ND Electrical Electronics, ND/Trade Test Cert in Domestic Elect.
- Building Technology: ND/C&G in building tech/Draughtsman/C&G/Trade Test in Survey Assistants/Land Surveying/ND Quantity Surveying.
- Public Relations/Info: ND Mass Comm. Cert/Trade Test Cert in Videography/Photography.
- Secretarial Assistants: ND in Office Technology Management/Purchasing and Supply/Personnel Mgt/Human Resource Mgt.
- Library Assistants: ND in Library Science.(this content was copied from: http://nigeriaonlinejobs.com)
- Music: ND in Music from Government approved institutions. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
- Driver/Mechanic: Trade Test and current driver’s license with practical experience.
- Works: C&G Trade Test Cert in Welding/Carpentry/Painting/Sign Writing/Plumbing/Mason/domestic Electrician/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Computer Tech: ND/Cert in Computer Hardware Engr/Software Engr.
- ND/Cert in Physiotherapy
- ND/Cert in Medical Supply.
- ND/Printing Technology.
- PE/Sports: ND in Physical Education, Certificate of participation/Medals.
- Catering: ND in Catering Services.
- Education: NCE in PHE,Library Science,Home Economics,Hausa Language,Ibo Language, Yoruba Language, French, Business Management, Fine Art.
- Qualifying Recruitment Tests will hold in the following Centers:
- Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Markudi
- Ilorin: 227 Wing, Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin
- Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos
- Enugu: 305 Flying Training School, Enugu
- Port-Harcourt: 97 Special Operations Group, Nigerian Air Force, Port-Harcourt
- Benin: 81 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force, Benin.
- Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna
- Kano: 303 Flying Training School, Kano
- Maiduguri: 204 Wing, Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri
- Akure: 323 Artillery Regiment, Owena Barracks, Akure
- Sokoto: 55 Forward Operation Base Mabera Sokoto
- Yola: 75 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola
- All applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of the documents listed under Paragraph 9(b) at the recruitment centers and during the final selection interview. Applicants will be required to present following documents if selected for the zonal recruitment test:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 7.
- Photocopies of:
- (I) Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done less than 5 years to this exercise will not be acceptable).
- (II) Educational and Trade Certificates
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the selection exercise. Also any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants may be handed over to the Police for prosecution.
- The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected.
- The application fee is 1000 (excluding bank charges).
SUBMISSION OF NAF FORM
On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the Pay4Me Acknowledgment slip by clicking on the PAY APPLICATION FEE button.
Applicants are to use the printed acknowledgment slip to make payment at any of the designated banks.
For Technical Support, please call:08104577415, 09-8704817 , 09-8708475 , 08078406568 or
Note: All phone lines are available between 8:30AM and 5:30PM
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!