GE Energy Latest Vacancy
GE is an advanced technology, services and finance company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people worldwide.
VACANCY – DISTRIBUTED POWER SALES & SOLUTIONS ENGINEER JOB
LOCATION: IIkoyi Lagos, Nigeria
The Distributed Power Sales & Solutions Engineer will be responsible for profitable growth through increasing sales of GE’s DP products, driving business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. The job holder will solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short term and some long term business goals. Role will based out of Nigeria.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities focused on Distributed Power (DP) to maintain and grow the sales pipeline, working closely with P&L sales directors to meet orders, profitability and ITO quality goals
- Develop and execute sales strategies relevant to the Distributed Power market opportunities.
- Proactively promote and position GE DP technology ( Aero derivative gas turbines, Gas Engines, Diesel engines Energy storage and other related Products and Services, early in the project phase to create value and influence by working closely with consultants, developers & customers.
- Work closely with application engineers & commercial teams to perform cycle & equipment comparisons to establish economically optimum preferred cycle & configuration using Aero & Gas Engines cycle tools (GTPro, Gatecycle, etc.)
- Provide technical expertise to Sales & Commercial Operations in selecting, implementing, and developing competitive turbine product applications and power generation solutions.
- Make technical and Commercial presentations to all levels of customer organization.
- Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations.
- Gather industry intelligence to inform business decisionmaking.
- Document competitors’ activities and assess potential market moves
- Work closely with GE Sales Directors, Sales & Project Finance and Project Development teams to provide customers with tailor made business solutions that support GE DP products
- Be responsible for collection of receivables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years Gas turbine, Gas/Diesel stationary power equipment experience, and combined cycle product knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering or systems work areas associated with electrical power systems, mechanical, thermal systems or controls and operation.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commercial environment with sales, marketing, application engineering or customer service.
- Self starter with high energy and ability to energize others.
- Practical understanding of: current/emerging requirements of the power generation markets; and customer financial drivers and needs.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations.
- Selfstarter with high energy and ability to energize others.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience with customer specifications review, proposal development, and contract, development and negotiations.
- Understanding of thermal power generation cycle analysis.
- Experience with Cycle Deck, GTPro, Gate Cycle, or APPS or Wind Software.
- Six sigma training is preferred.
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong customer mindset
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with customers
- Deep area/ segment market knowledge
Thermal Engineering, Engineer, Electrical, Sales Engineer, Business Manager, Engineering, Sales, Management
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!